| Answer / Solution
System requirements for the IDC
For a smooth installation and worry free operation of the IDC, the following requirements are needed.
Operating System: To check this, right click My Computer (on the Desktop or Start Menu) and select Properties
- 1GHz or higher processor
- 1 GB or higher RAM
- Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit (Note: See KB592 for information about using this programs on Apple Mac computers.)
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
- Be sure your computer is healthy.
- Run Windows Update to get the latest updates from Microsoft.
- Be sure you have Windows Administrator User rights on your computer
- This is required for installation of IDC prerequisites.
- Be sure you log in as the Windows User who will be using the IDC on that computer.
- Recommended (during installation only):
- Turn off Windows Firewall,
- Turn off Anti-virus/Anti-spyware software during installation.
- Internet Explorer must be the default web browser for the computer during the time of installation.
- The web-based installer launches more than one browser window, and the installation will only succeed if the system launches those windows in IE.
- If you use Netscape, Opera, Firefox or another browser, you need to set IE back to your default browser for the installation to work properly. Depending on your version of Windows and IE, this is done by going to Control Panel and either Internet Options or Add/Remove Programs. The newer way under Add/Remove Programs is in a new section called Set Program Access and Defaults.
- .Net Framework 4.0 Service Pack 1 or higher.
- IDC will check your computer for this and attempt to install if it is not found.
- Installation of .Net Framework 4.0 Service Pack 1 or higher requires Windows Administrative rights on your computer.
- Installation is only required once per computer. You can also install this from the following link.
Microsoft SQL Compact
|Tuesday, October 10, 2017