How to Create a Template
In this guide, you will learn how to create a template in the InfraWare Template Editor (ITE).
Templates streamline the document production process by providing stock text and automatically populating data from patient demographic and/or transcription process, such as patient names, physician names, MT initials, dictation date/time, etc.
You will need the following before you begin:
· An Administrator login ID and password
· Download, and install the InfraWare Template Editor (ITE). The Quick Start Guide is here.
- Open the InfraWare Template Editor (ITE) program by double-clicking on the Desktop icon or from the Start menu (Start, All Programs, InfraWare, InfraWare Template Editor).
Note: The ITE does not require a login until a user is ready to save a template to the InfraWare platform, at which point a user will be prompted for their username and password.
Imported documents will not be perfect, but they will retain most of the formatting (fonts, tables, images, etc.) from the source document.
Headers and Footers
InfraWare templates support two types of headers and footers:
- Regular headers and footers; which apply to all pages in the document, unless a first page header or footer has been created to override those on page one.
- First page headers and footers; apply to page one only, whether or not a regular header or footer has been added.
- Please note: If you want to edit a header that is already on a template, you will want to scroll to the spot of the header and double click into the header area. This will open up the area and allow you to perform the edit. You will want to ensure that you have the correct header type chosen (First page header or Regular header). One you are finished with your edit, you can simply click out of the header area to complete the change. You will want to remember to Save your template before closing out of the ITE.
Notice under Patient Information that there are other sections of fields from which to choose. Document Fields contains information known to the platform, such as page numbers, document type, MT initials, etc.
- If you need to delete a field inside the template:
- Select the template field in the Current Fields Window
- Click Delete button at the bottom of the window.
- Images are supported (Insert --> Image), but a word of caution is warranted. When you receive an image for a client’s letterhead or similar use, check the size (in kilobytes, kb) of the file. A common mistake is to use an image file that is too large. Anything over about 100kb will cause your document files to be too large. This will lead to slow download times for MTs and clients. These are not marketing documents, and you will be making thousands of copies, so you will need the client to provide you with a file small enough for regular document use (or have a graphics person help you reduce the size of the image).
- You can save a template to your local computer hard drive by selecting File --> Save. This can be good to keep a backup copy. To use it on the platform, choose File --> Save to InfraWare Platform.
- Supply your login credentials when prompted.
- After login, you will be prompted for template naming and billing information. Study the purpose of the billing and payroll checkboxes carefully. They impact how content in headers and footers will be computed for both billing and payroll. The Explain link describes the logic involved.
- This can be helpful to view the metrics already computed for the template or to make a manual offsetting adjustment to the count. There are some circumstances in which you might want to add some of the template text but not all of it. This offset adjustment gives you granular control of the counts saved in the database that will be subtracted from the completed document character count when template text is excluded. The offset can be either positive or negative to accomplish your goals.
- When saving a template to the platform, metrics are computed and saved for the template. These are used for billing and payroll reports when template text is excluded. After completing the checkboxes to define treatment of characters in headers and footers, click the Advanced Settings button to access the character/line counting metrics for this template.
See a brief video demonstration here.